So today brings the end of my February album writing month challenge (FAWM). I didn’t quite get to 14 songs, but I did get a lot more done than I thought possible and I really enjoyed working on the songs. So here’s what I did get done:
1) Your Code Name is Jonah: Main vocal melody, chords and arrangement, pre-chorus and chorus lyrics written, bunch of verse ideas which need tidying up.
2) The Capital club: Concept/plot, main chords, vocal melody and chorus lyrics written.
3) Empathy Drains: All done, demo recorded just needs tidying up.
4) Unexploded: Arrangement, verses and bridge lyrics written (I already had rest of song)
5) We Breathe: Finished just needs recording (I already had chords and main hook)
6) The Clock Changer: Concept/plot, chords and general style/arrangement done, some lyrics.
7) Feel The Burn: Finished just needs recording, was originally going to be a guitar tune put may change to piano for recording.
8) The Girl Who Named Pluto: Main vocal melody, chords and arrangement, chorus and outro lyrics written, bunch of verse ideas which need tidying up.
9) Right Hand Man: Main vocal melody, chords and arrangement, chorus and some verse lyrics.
10) Flight 305 (The Tale of DB Cooper): Finished just needs recording.
I’ll share the demo of “Empathy Drains” in the next couple of days then will post the others as I record them.